A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: Thoughts on Legacy 20150807

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Friday, August 07, 2015

Thoughts on Legacy 20150807

Now Legacy is a format I have been following for quite a while.


Ever since it was created.



Back then Faerie Stompy was a thing. And my! a 50 USD card (the 3 mana 4/4 portal card whose name eludes me) was a big thing at that time (circa 2004? I think). And there were other decks like Red Death, which was a R/B stompy if you like.

Then later some decks started establishing themselves. Gobbos with ports (whose name also eludes me) from mercadian masques. Thresh decks. And things like Spanish Inquisition (I might be messing this up with Vintage??).

Gobbos pretty much died slowly but surely after Tarmo replaced erm Werebear. And you got the current Canadian Thresh getting firmed up.

These past few years have been a little more roller coasterly as in the past decade or past five years, a new factor came into the picture. Well two factors.

1) SCG coverage
2) The cumulation of several years maybe even decade? old practice of powering up creatures and neutering spells


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia