A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: Learn Science in a fun way!

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Monday, July 27, 2015

Learn Science in a fun way!

Magic fans would know Aurelia. Mousehunters may not know an Aurelia. But if you have nothing better to do than to be trolled by me, please read on. (Oh by the way this Aurelia I speak of does have some experience in Mousehunting... just may be not quite the same kinds as we are normally talking about :p)





You have been warned :p




Anyways.








Magic fans would know Aurelia.







You know.




And this.






Well I actually have a friend by the same name, so here is some plugging for her :)




Learn Science in a fun way! Oh wait thats the title. See its so apt ;)





As you can read from the flyer, it is based on M.O.E syllabus, so it is definitely relevant to the targeted audiences. It even won a few awards! This is Aurelia's first venture into education via comics, herself; she is a qualified teacher having been trained in NIE (An institute of Distinction in Teacher Education and Education Research in Singapore.).

Two issues have already been ermm, issued. Published! Thats the word i was looking for :) They did relatively well and a third issue is in the works!

So what is this post about?


Awareness I guess :) And to help a friend and her venture along :)


You may find more information here or at www.harvestedutainment.com



Aurelia sent me the books as they were released



Magic fans, if you are really sharp, yes that is a playmat with Rob Alexander's art!! 


.....



I think.


Mousehunt fans... I have nothing for you except that Aurelia knows a thing or two about catching mice too!


Do get hold of the books for your loved ones (if the subjects are relevant), I think the books are pretty interesting and are a good way to learn science. You can oh! Learn Science in a fun way! :D Sry. Anyways I actually read the books and its a good clean fun read. Very suitable and relevant for teaching the subjects. We did have some discussions on how science is actually explored in comics by Marvel, you know, the super hero sorts, but this is alot more tailored to the Singapore syllabus and we know Marvel's angle is more towards entertainment. So for a fun and relevant read, I think this is a pretty good product! 




Again, you may find more information here or at www.harvestedutainment.com.



Happy Hunting ppl!






Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia