A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: [decklist] Gobs and Thops or Gobbos and Thopters!!! (standard)

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Thursday, August 06, 2015

[decklist] Gobs and Thops or Gobbos and Thopters!!! (standard)

std_20150806_gobbos

Creature
4 x Goblin Rabblemaster
4 x Goblin Piledriver
3 x Thunderbreak Regent
4 x Foundry Street Denizen
4 x Hangarback Walker

Instant
4 x Lightning Strike

Sorcery
4 x Dragon Fodder
2 x Exquisite Firecraft

Enchantment
4 x Ensoul Artifact
3 x Thopter Spy Network

Land
4 x Darksteel Citadel
4 x Shivan Reef
4 x Temple of Epiphany
5 x Island
7 x Mountain




This is just a pile I threw together. 


I like it quite a bit. I started with trying to build a goblin deck with Goblin Piledrivers, but I did it with some insight gleaned from trying to build a modern version (that one did't end too well, Gobbos are just a little weak right now), so I know just  relying on the Goblin tribe is unlikely to be tenable.

My other indulgence is with Thopter Spy Network! I like the card from the onset, it was the first card I open (I think, it might have been a prize pack???)

I dunno I kept opening it, and then I saw it in the coverage and I built a Bant modern deck.... so again i had a bit of experience from tinkering with it. 


And...




I liked it! Thopter Spy Network is actually the new Bident of Thassa, it is a little better as a kill condition though. You just need to add enough support artifacts.

So I decided to supplement the Goblin assault with the nefarious Thopters!

The dragons are just nice, its good to have eyes in the skies no?

On a more practical note, the dragons go deep while the Goblins and Thopters go wide.


Have fun! 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia