A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: The Iceberg

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Sunday, August 09, 2015

The Iceberg

Its weird.




I am now trying to catch the Deep Mouse, and it is only because of a map. I guess I never really liked the Iceberg. Perhaps it was too much like the old Mythmonger game where it was mostly grinding down.

Anyways i probably should do a guide and this will be the placeholder for it.

Meanwhile, I will now post about my very first attempt to catch the darn Deep Mouse!!!




I don't think I am actually at the Icewing lair yet.... but i have armed my Deep Freeze base anywasy :)



[20150819 23:06]


I dunno what happen , But I totally whiffed on catching the Deep mouse!!! Anyways on ward with the map!!! I will update this as a guide later on after I get the L.E. trap in the season 3 chest.... which might take awhile :p


[20150819 23:07]


Wow. Oh wow. Did it really take awhile =)


Anyways, in running a few maps and always going for the more unpopular groups of mice (hint: this area is one of em')

I tried to get the Deep mouse a  few times and always come up short... I mean I don't even have a whiff of the darn thing. So I figured I must be doing something wrong.

All the while I just thought that I had to hunt with the Beep freeze base and thats it.


Apparently the Deep mouse is only available under very specific conditions and that is:

1) You gotta catch the Icewing mouse  before hunt # 250 with the Deep Freeze base, after which the "Deep lair" will be where the Deep mouse is available


Well hmmm thats just one condition :)


interestingly, the Deep Lair lasts for 200 feet. And at the end of 200 feet, the Deep Mouse is the only thing that can be attracted. 


This means a few things.


If you can somehow catch the Icewing before hunt # 250 with a good distance (more than 200), you are actually in a  very good position to catch the Deep mouse!!!


However. How to reach this nirvana?

...












I dunno.






But.







I will attempt this:


Use the stage based bases. i.e.

1) Magnet Base (Treacherous Tunnels)
2) Spiked Base (Brutal Bulwark)
2) Remote Detonator Base (Bombing Run)
4) Heartstone base (Mad Depths)

For charms, I think I got the impression that it was Wax Charm for the bombing run and Sticky everywhere else.... I think :p

I also got the impression that if you got the SOS, the base for Mad Depths does not really matter?

I guess this is the best way to get an optimum run.


Oh and of course. If you want the absolute best run. SB+ !!!

Still I had the impression that catching the Deep Mouse is doable with gouda, but you might need to do a few times and get lucky. I think. 


I can;t really test because this is'nt my favourite area :p and darn... the Labyrinth is Open!!!!!

Yah.


Sighs. I was really farming stuff in the Fungal Garden... but I got sucked into a non responsive map... :/


Oh well.



Happy Hunting ppl :)


[20150914 00:16]

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia