A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: Izzet Voodoo 0o0o0 || 0o0o0

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Izzet Voodoo 0o0o0 || 0o0o0

Izzet Voodoo



Issit? Issit?


Okay so that explains the lame-mo name-mo


Well at least the Izzet half. The other portion is because of an aspect of the deck:
I overloaded it with the pithing needle aspects:
1) Pithing Needle itself *tada*
2) Phyrexian Revoker!


Now all that needling reminded me of those Voodoo dolls in those old movies with needles all over it.

Hence the name.



Oh well.


This deck is not new by the way. In fact it is almost made by WOTC themselves. It was pretty pushed i feel.



I mean:

Ensoul Artifact?
Dark Steel Citadel?



I love me some 2nd turn 5/5


Not just that, there is also ornitothoper


Oh and:

Generator Servant
Chief Engineer




It does seem pretty pushed to me =)




Ensoul Artifact alone was the one card that piqued my interest in the power level of M15.

Any ways here is the list (there is no sideboard)




Std_ensoulizzet_20140725

Legend
1 x Keranos, God of Storms

Planeswalker
1 x Ral Zarek

Enchantment
4 x Ensoul Artifact

Artifact
4 x Astral Cornucopia
3 x Pithing Needle

Creature
1 x Hoarding Dragon
4 x Generator Servant
4 x Chief Engineer
1 x Soul of New Phyrexia
4 x Phyrexian Revoker
4 x Scuttling Doom Engine

Instant
4 x Shrapnel Blast

Land
4 x Steam Vents
4 x Shivan Reef
3 x Temple of Epiphany
3 x Mountain
4 x Darksteel Citadel
4 x Mana Confluence
3 x Island


Sideboard
1 x Pithing Needle


Its similar to the one by Saito, except he went for flyers with Illusory Angel and Ornitothophers



I went needles.





To me they (Pithing Needle and Phyrexian Revokers) seemed cheap enough. Also Planeswalkers were prevalent, also
Mono Black the big bad? That deck has activated abilities galore.



The idea is that pithing effects are pretty strong and with Ensoul Artifact, playing the needle effects blind is not half bad as a move with Ensoul Artifact and Shrapnel Blast around.

Hoarding Dragon was added after seeing YH use it in his variant. I like the ability to grab an artifact of my choice.

A 0cc indestructible 5/5 is some good I heard.

...


Or a 0cc feed for a timely Shrapnel blast.


The Scuttling Doom Engine are a tag team together with Shrapnel Blast, which conveniently turns on all the cheap artifacts.

Astral Cornucopia was added after Sam suggested it, as an early 0cc drop it is pretty awesome. It makes the early 5/5 that much more consistent.

As for its xxx ability, that does help somewhat with this deck. If you look at the list, it is kind of a ramp deck.

The xxx is nice when you need to get that 1 mana more.

Nothing too  innovative here since, the deck is almost premade :p



Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia