A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: [Random Deck of the Day] Burn Baby Burn

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Sunday, May 18, 2014

[Random Deck of the Day] Burn Baby Burn

I wanted to title the post "I Hate You" but it seemed a little emoey and all.


Which kinda was'nt what this was about and although THAT was usually how I like to title my posts (absolutely irrelevant), I thought it best to not give people heart attacks out there ;)


Anyways I hereby call this deck "I Hate You".

Well first off it seems to hate on the opponent alot. Not like hatebears kinda hate. I think hatebears tend to torture the opponent slowly as he dies of boredom doing absolutely nothing. Oh wait Eggs does it better. (Now I like eggs and to be honest, if you know the deck well enough, you should'nt be that slow. The problem is everyone wants to win, and Eggs is a good strong resilient deck. And cheap to boot! But nobody takes the time to master their decks anymore ;) the wonders of netdecking)

Now back to hate.

How does this deck hate on your opponent? By doling gollups of Boros flavoured lava-ish pain on the unsuspecting opponent thats how!!

Btw, if your peripheral vision is'nt terrible, you might have already noticed that I originally was trying to build a red control deck. I don't know how that happened. I guess I'm violent.

Anyways heres the deck:

RControl
Instant
4 x Boros Charm
4 x Warleader's Helix
Land
2 x Plains
4 x Sacred Foundry
10 x Mountain
4 x Temple of Triumph
4 x Mutavault
Creature
4 x Archangel of Thune
4 x Firedrinker Satyr
3 x Eidolon of the Great Revel
4 x Boros Reckoner
4 x Ash Zealot
4 x Satyr Firedancer
4 x Fanatic of Mogis
Legend
1 x Iroas, God of Victory



So how does it work?  It is just an w/r aggro deck, that tries to abuse Firedancer and Eidolon of the Great revel. Now at first glance it seems the Eidolon  in an aggro deck is a nonbo. And that is normally true. Except that lifegain is part of your gig and you do have a significant amount of 4cc and above cards. 

Why Eidolon anyways? Oh wait now I remember the control bit =D I wanted to abuse Eidolon. But I guess I was'nt too inspired by the control elements in red, so it made me go crazy and I loaded up on nonbos. Something like that. 

Anyways, many decks like to play with low cc cards, the best example being aggro itself. Even controlish decks like efficient spells. Else they can't outrun aggro no? So I figured the Eidolon will never run out of victims. So it stays. Now if your opponent is already taking passive beatings from the Eidolon (the beauty of the Eidolon is that all the pain is self inflicted, nobody forced your opponent to counter one of your spell no? or cast that syvan carytid or thoughtseize or you get the idea). So while your opponent is using his mana to beat himself up, you help him along! With creatures and burn! And you help him reach the inevitable with the firedancers! 

The beauty of such a deck (as with all aggressive decks) is that there are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. Every card in this pile is a threat. So there is no lynch pin that your opponent can target to dismantle your strategy. You just truck on and beat to the dome. Its all pretty. On paper anyways =)


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia