A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: Evolution: The Art of Rebecca Guay 1993 - 2014

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Evolution: The Art of Rebecca Guay 1993 - 2014

In case you haven't heard by now. Rebecca Guay is printing a new art book and is using some crowd funding campaign =)

Join in here (I think there is only about 10 days left??? up till 24th March)


Rebecca Guay is one of my favorite artist! .... But then I have a lot of favorite artists heh. Still. I should qualify that I like her as much as I like Quinton Hoover and Scott M Fisher and Scott kirschner as well as Drew Tucker. I mention these because their styles and mood are vastly different. And Drew Tucker tends to get a lot of flak, but his art is pretty dark thats all =)  Scott M Fisher is now better known for Kiora now I guess (among Magic fans at least), but I like to point out that his earlier art was'nt always pretty women =P

Art is'nt just about looking pretty, it is also an expression of the artist's technique, style, mood and message. I could spend hours in an art gallery because they always add the little bit on the history of the art. It gives you some perspective on why the piece was done that way. Its alot like reading random blogs actually. Different people differ in their agenda, technique and articulation. And sometimes its jarring, but every bit you read was an expression by a human bean as it were =) And thats the beauty of it no?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia