A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: I am sorry

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

I am sorry

I suspect if I am going to apologise everytime i am inactive on Mousehunt it will be quite many times =P

But I do feel bad. If you come here, you probably are looking for some legit kickass (I like that show btw lol) MH news....

which unfortunately I have been a little out of =P


Recently the evil evil Marvel Alliance has consumed by time and money... (well its not their fault)... but I can't really upkeep the PVP, so MA will be strictly casual now. Mostly just gain silver and try my bestest to collect the Heroes and stuff.. slowly... *cough*

MH

I am currently in languish mode, I need to talk to my teammates more I think =)

I mean a whole CNY just kinda came and went lol (we did continue to get our L.E. though)


Magic?

I am currently trying to build a Land Destruction Deck. I realise after spending hours talking to my friends and then myself *ahem* I like to lock people out of their games. Maybe i actually hate to play magic, what better way then to stop the whole game huh? Hmmmm *shrug*

Anyways LD has been kinda alienated (but never say never, I am actually pretty sure, counters combos, LD and all things that make your opponent unhappy, will be back in full force =) ).

But the time might be now! When the stars and more importantly modern dual lands (Innistrad lands, M13 lands and RTR and GTC lands) are all aligned. Perhaps this is LD's turn to shine.


BHWAHAHAHA







I kid. I kid.







But seriously, the premise is this:


1) Color discipline is at an all time low, decks are getting greedy
2) Check out the number of decks with basic lands
3) Do you get screwed if you are not able to get a particular colour?


If your answer to 3 is yes!! Then there is hope for a LD deck!!

A key part of the equation is Ghost Quarters.


In an environment where non-basics rule, Ghost Quarters. can be punishing. Essentially a Strip mine.

The saving grace for most decks today is that proper LD starts at 4cc today.


Craterize
BrambleCrush
Acidic Slime


I once commented to a friend that in Standard, creatures and lands are sacred.

Hence a Chronic Flooding on a land is literally a Bazaar of Baghdad.
!! W00t!

I am beginning to feel that is no longer as true. If LD can be tweak to provide a viable wincon, then the lands be a'blowin soon =)

I have actually spent a bit of time on this and have found that dedicated LD is still not viable (so all you Standard lubbers are safe for now =P). However!

There seems to be some game for LD as a subtheme. It may not be Top tier, but anything can happen in FNM! =D

I will post a list later.

To satiate your curiosity (I mean if you are still reading this I am guessing you are either concern about or interested in LD), this is a dated decklist that does not work =P Specifically it dies horrifically to Naya Humans. Currently one of the fastests deck in Standard.



//NAME: C:\MWS\Magic Workstation\craterize.mwDeck
    4 Steam Vents
    4 Sulfur Falls
    4 Ghost Quarter
    3 Breeding Pool
    4 Hinterland Harbor
    3 Stomping Ground
    4 Judge's Familiar
    4 Goblin Electromancer
    3 Acidic Slime
    4 Grave Bramble
    3 Craterize
    3 Izzet Charm
    1 Frenzied Tilling
    1 Serene Remembrance
    4 Farseek
    3 Mizzium Mortars
    2 Syncopate
    1 Bramblecrush
    1 Garruk, Primal Hunter
    2 Forest
    2 Island

// Sideboard:
SB: 2 Witchbane Orb
SB: 3 Wild Defiance
SB: 1 Kessig Wolf Run
SB: 1 Madcap Skills
SB: 1 Mercurial Chemister
SB: 3 Naturalize
SB: 4 Pillar of Flame


Later... =) and for my fellow Mousehunters, I will be on the ball for easter... no pun intended about round things. No, seriously.






Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia