A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: I suck at Limited

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Sunday, October 29, 2006

I suck at Limited

As promised,

I said I'd blog about last weekend.

Well there is nothing much to say really.


I just blew it big time lol.


Until I get my cards in order, I do not think I can play Standard even though all the cards are there lol.


So Standard tourney was on a saturday.

I wanted to try out the R/B Landy'Vore I built.


As fate/laziness would have it.


I decided to wait untill 2 hours before to put together the deck haha.


Of course i could'nt find the parts (actually even now I have no idea where my wildfire and magnivores are)


So it was too late, but I really wanted to test out plunder.


So I went with some strange LD deck with Stone Rains and Cryoclasm.


Of course I died.


my first match was up against a ww. Which ws the eventual winner


I think I could have beaten it =P


Why?


Good Lord.

I wiped the board clean of lands.


Of course I still had the priest and Serra avenger hammering me.


A Wildfire would have been nice.


very

VERY

nice.



*sighz*


Still the ww was a good meta choice.


There were many U decks around. So I suspect the aggro just trounced all the control decks out there.


Ah well.


Now against control decks it was very different.


Of course mine was a wildfire, magnivore deck.



Sans the wildfire and Magnivore.


Thats called neutered.


hahahaha



Anyways. All in good fun I guess.


My second round is a U/B with finkel. With Dread return for Akroma.


My Third was a U/W with Resurrection for Akroma.


Playing against the U decks.


Man suspend sucks big time.



Still testing the original build (with Magnivores and Wildfires), it still died to Erayo Ninjas. But it dragged long and hard.


Against the U, i exerted zero pressure. They just build their hand and crushed me.


Sighs.


Ofdid I mentioned I did'nt have volcanic Hammers so I resorted to Rift bolts?


Trust me.


Rift boltd suck.


Unless you are running a burn deck and you don't really care what you hit with the bolt and you just want efficient burn.


The main problem is that someting needs to burn you wanna burn it NOW.


Against the U/b Finkel piloted by bernard, my best move was to draw out his counters and attempt to drop a blood moon.

but with zero presure I was never going to be able to do it hahahaha.


3rd round versus Charles,

it was the ONLY match that I seriously thought I was gonna win!


Why?


hehe I managed to drop two magus of the scroll.


Seriously the magus is good for the same reasons that Grim Lavamancer and Cursed Scroll are good.


They are 1 cc.



i.e. they are below counterspell radar.


Still Akroma beats faster than Scrolls.


Sighz.




moral of the story.

heh keep a Standard deck handy. =P
(actually I did have my snow stomp, but I really wanted to try out plunder and stone rain in tandem.)



The second draft tournament I joined was a Two Headed Giant.


I guess we were alittle unfocused.


I drafted r/b while my other head drafted w/g.


The reason being he got a Mystic enforcer.

Hehe i wanted the Avoid fate.

In the end it did save our ass.

For that move anyways.


One thing.


You want to draft slivers. Choose early and commit.
You really should'nt be asking if you wanna draft slivers by the time the third pack comes around haha.


Anyways.

I never knew there was a free mulligan for 2 HG ??


If i knew mabbe we would have died so pathetically.


1st round I stalled on 2 land.

We died to 6/6 or 7/7 flying, bone-splitting, pulmonic, regenerating slivers.


Oh yeah we passed those....


sighz.



In the second round. It was much more entertaining.

We got our mana =)


It was interesting. We should have been more aggressive.


Our opponents had AKROMA!!!!


But wow wow wow.


A psychotic episode ensured we that we never saw her =)


Yup psychotic episode is REMOVAL!


but they had too many of the red uncommon sweeper.

2!

They swept the board TWICE.


Sighz.


In the end my other head got mana flooded and we could maintain our lead and we died.


the last few turns were quite interesting.

I think we could have won... but ah well.

My third draft on monday was the most disasterous.



understand that drafting is still new to me. and I just stupidly kept to g/b. Even though those colours were running dry.

I was also unfocused. and ... man I just sucked.


i lost.


0-2
0-2
1-2


The last one was the only one that was close.


Permission kills suspend and wurm calling.


sighz.

I ended up right at the bottom.

Moonlace.
Moonlace.

Sighz.

Magus of the Candelabra
Stonebrow
Moonlace

Actually the first 2 were'nt too bad I guess. The candelabra is as yet unproven.





Beads.


yes beads.

gettin' late I'll talk about beads another time.


To read about my first draft, click here

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger god_is_good478 said...

erm no prob Bernard, did'nt see the comment so ermm haha this is the late reply.

But I think it was a very good leaarning experience and you really have got something good going on there =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia