A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: Lucky Golden Horsey

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Lucky Golden Horsey

This being the year of the horse and the fact that it is my zodiac and all... well, that plus the fact that it is the year of the wooden horse. Or horse zodiac with the wood element. It makes the Akroan Horse all the more amusing to yours truly who is already bemused about his zodiac and the current year. (For the lost. Akroan Horse refers to the Trojan Horse, which was made out of wood)

To put it in a nutshell, its all about horsing around.

I think I am trying too hard with the punts here. Right.


Anyways.


It being Lunar New Year, I present to you!

The Lucky Golden Horsey!


20140201_lucky_golden_horse




Land
9 x Mountain
14 x Plains

Enchantment
3 x Heliod, God of the Sun
4 x Chained to the Rocks
1 x Spear of Heliod
4 x Pacifism

Instant
3 x Last Breath
3 x Brave the Elements

Creature
4 x Soldier of the Pantheon
4 x Akroan Horse
4 x Dryad Militant
4 x Favored Hoplite

Planeswalker
3 x Elspeth, Sun's Champion

Sideboard
1 x Brave the Elements
1 x Madcap Skills
4 x Hundred-Handed One
3 x Legion's Initiative
3 x Spear of Heliod
3 x Gift of Orzhova




------------------------


The main focus was to build a deck around Akroan Horse.


So I made a deck with lots of little soldiers.

Tokens to pile on.

And Heliod and Elspeth add to the numbers!

Heliod's viligance granting is also good.


Elspeth and pacifism takes care of the big boys in the skies.

The deck's plan is pretty simple really.

Hit early and fast if possible (but not very hard).

Then just hope you amass enough of an army for alpha strikes with Heliod and Brave the elements online (preferably).


Oh the tokens by Akroan Horse are white soldier tokens.

(Too bad they are not human =P, can't ask for too much I guess).


On a funny note, Bitter Blossom has been unbanned!


I bring this up becos, Akroan Horse is like a bad Bitter Blossom.... I just wished they pushed Akroan Horse harder. Right now, it is iffy if it is even standard playable (I actually think it is). But Modern wise it has a snowball chance in a Rakdos hell of surviving. Besides, its made of wood no?


Anyways... Have fun and have a good year!!

[Edit]

It just occured to me that I should explain the silliness of the name of the deck. For CNY dishes (or chinese dishes in particular, especially in restaurants), names often are exaggerated to have a auspicious name, usually golden something or lucky something and so on =)

[20140206 00:33]


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia