A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: MWS adding a new set Magic Workstation

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Saturday, January 20, 2007

MWS adding a new set Magic Workstation

This is how you add a new set to MWS. Enjoy!

(taken from mtgsalvation.com)


1) Backup you Master.mwBase file from the MWS directory just to be safe
2) Open MWS
3) Go to the library mode by pressing Ctrl+F1 if you already aren't in it
4) Close any current decks (Ctrl+F4) and click on any card in the library
5) Go to Tools -> Analyze/Add/Remove Sets
6) Go to Add New Edition
7) Enter Planar Chaos in the Edition Name field
8) Enter PC in the Edition Key field
9) Check the Get data from text spoiler box
10) Browse to the file you just downloaded
11) Go to Next Page
12) Just click Add Edition it should all be set okay by default
13) Save your library

4 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i donwloaded the jace vs chandra folder but its only pics, i cant find the text spoiler anywhere, theres another way to add the set without it? or what else can i do? thanks!

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger god_is_good478 said...

Hi,

you can look for a txt spoiler for any set and alter the variables in there.

Thats the worst case scenario....


I am not sure if anyone has done the text spoiler for Jace and Chandra =/


Another way is to do it in MSE then export it out. The text spoiler can then be imported into MWS.



Hope this helps!

Ed

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a pity, that now I can not express - it is compelled to leave. But I will return - I will necessarily write that I think.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not right. Let's discuss. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia