A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: MWS report 060806 - Hatching Plans

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Sunday, August 06, 2006

MWS report 060806 - Hatching Plans

Oki.... played four games on mWS today,


1)

Against a Red/Black or green deck?

I only vaguely remember solifuges....

But he got me down to eight and he was at 18, but he

got no further....

board was clear I had elephants, I had a full hand he

had 2 cards.

He started verbally abusing me.... hmmm


ah well my retort was that I was at least typing in

full sentences while he was typing one one profanities.

But he left before i could send...

lame huh =)



Though to be fair to him I was probably pissing him off

... with my ermm noobness, that plus the fact that he

was losing probably gave him an excuse/impetus to call

me a noob rather than lose like a man.


In teresting thing about the deck, the game turn around

after I got the boost from hatch.

Oh now I remember, the board was clear he was at 18 I

was at 8, he had 2 cards, I had a full hand, and yah I

had 2 elephants staring down at him.


I guess he did'nt like may parchyderms, so he left ;)

did i mention Iforgot to up my life? yah and he still

could'nt beat me.


2)
I think it is tron... it was U/R

but it had the Firemind.


I was basically an attrition game.

He ramped up mana, tried casting Firemind 3 times.

Firemind got cloned. Wrathed. but I ran out of answers.

He had remand and boomerang. I was land flooded though.

I had a full hand of land. Though I could have played

better.

I had land, no gas, and no way to blow the hatch though

I had 2 in play.

3)
Some Rakdos deck...

saw a kokhoshu, fettered it... got +4 life 3 times

forgot to add to total once... but still won.

Rakdos decks are hard to build.

Managed to blow the hatch


4)

w/r snow deck

Only good thing was a scrying sheet??

He played fetters

he used hide and seek

icefall, stalking yeti, martyr of ashes

Yep I listed all the cards he played....

apparently he was land flooded....

he managed to play 8 lands and 4 signets

hmmm

it was different for me, I was land starved.

got stuck on a STE for a while, he was'nt biting me so

I could'nt sac the shaman the efficient way

so i just sacced it and got my kami out.

He target it (I think), and I blew the hatch.

I actually had to keep discarding.
(clone and kirin)

I finally got my land going.

Wrath once. To take out the martyr.

dropped two elephants.

rather dropped one, it got fettered.
dropped another and attacked

hit once or twice, then he dropped another fetter.

next turn i dropped 2 kamis, sacced and went to the

dome with both ellies.

He took the assualt twice before conceding next turn.

My only regret is he said gg.

I think he meant good game....

But I did'nt know what he was saying so I replied ...

kk


lol


ahh well.


The deck is as follows:

// Deck file for Magic Workstation

// Lands
4 Temple Garden
3 Watery Grave
1 Selesnya Sanctuary
3 Forest
4 Island
1 Plains
4 Brushland
3 Adarkar Wastes

// Creatures
1 Dowsing Shaman
3 Kami of Ancient Law
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
1 Hunted Phantasm
4 Loxodon Hierarch
1 Clone
2 Celestial Kirin
3 Tallowisp
1 Simic Sky Swallower

// Spells
3 Leyline of Singularity
4 Mana Leak
4 Hatching Plans
4 Faith's Fetters
2 Wrath of God

// Sideboard
SB: 1 Celestial Kirin
SB: 1 Wrath of God
SB: 3 Devouring Light
SB: 1 Crime/Punishment
SB: 4 Spell Snare
SB: 1 Pride of the Clouds
SB: 1 Loxodon Warhammer
SB: 3 Moldervine Cloak


[update, still today]

duh, right after I diss Rakdos, I get clobbered two games straight by a Rakdos deck.

The guy said it was'nt Rakdos, but it had, Dark Confident(oki that was'nt Rakdos), Rakdos guildmage, Hobnobbler Rats, Taste for Mayhem, Drekavek, Avatar of Discord. All hellbent enablers!


Though game one I made a misplay of not manaleaking his Avatar of Discord (he passed the turn without asking), and I was land starved both games.. (what are the odds...)

Third game he switched to simic, I only saw a Jitte, but then mom called for dinner

But it was a good Rakdos deck, using DC to power the charge, and all the cards were low cc, taste for mayhem works well with the drekavek too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia