A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: [Deck] UG Merfolk

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Monday, August 12, 2019

[Deck] UG Merfolk

UG Merfolk

4 Kumena's Speaker
3 River Sneak
4 Deeproot Elite
3 Lord of Atlantis
3 Master of the Pearl Trident
3 Merfolk Branchwalker
2 Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca
4 Merfolk Mistbinder
2 Jadelight Ranger
2 Deeproot Waters
3 One With the Wind
3 Waterknot
4 Forest
4 Island
3 Breeding Pool
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Cavern of Souls
4 Botanical Sanctum
1 Sleep


Sideboard
1 Kopala, Warden of Waves
4 Silvergill Adept
2 Merfolk Trickster
2 Aetherize
1 Echoing Truth
4 Force of Negation
1 Sleep



Will likely edit it at Sally


This deck was originally formed on (of all things) ARENA.... of course that was standard.. so porting it to modern I was seeking to still retain the green portion of the deck will harnessing what modern had to offer.

I deliberately tried to not use aether vial. However spreading sea's synergy with Lord of Atlantis and Master of the pearl trident's island walk ability does pull this deck in a different direction..

I did not use spreading seas as the deck had evasion in the form of unblockables and flying via one with the wind... however spreading seas is very tempting.

One thing that I did not have is main deck echoing truth.... I figured since it was a substandard answer to T2 Hogaak which I think will likely not happen so often, I will take my chances and try to race via evasion. T2 Hogaaks are just part of the meta and are not consistent anyway. at least I am counting on that :p


Spreading seas and aether vial would slow down the deck... a little....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia