A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: Poll for Magic Players

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Poll for Magic Players

Poll here https://www.research.net/r/mtg-motivations


The last question is most important since its free text :) below is what I wrote:

"I like old style magic, fast mana, discard, counters,efficient LD, wrath of god style cards, armegeddon etc etc. I like the up tick in creature power. I think it is matching up to the old cards. But thats the problem, you nerfed the old cards. So now the imbalance is from creatures rather than from stack based or prison or LD cards. I would like a return to make stack based interaction important. An also I would like for you to stop talking about interaction like it makes any sense. 1) The game is to end your opponent's interaction. That is inevitable. Saying decks like combo and LD are non interactive is disingenuous, they are interactive it is just that they and the pokemon players are interacting on different axis ~ hence it is a lie that such decks are non-interactive. If there is a situation that one deck is non-interactive in a duel, it is because both decks are guilty of it. Why did the mid-range pokemon deck not play more stack based effects that can deal with counters, or mitigate discard or LD or play cards that can break the prison locks. All those interactive ways of playing you have removed from magic slowly over the last decade (that I have just mentioned), bring them back. And you would make magic awesome again. Again, its not that powerful creatures are not good, its just that you made everything else suck for the longest time. I am planning to write my thoughts  in a more concrete way on what I think is wrong with magic on my blog, search for huffalump magic. I have'nt written it yet, but you can watch out for it if you wish :) I love magic and I want it to succeed, but it is getting exceedingly expensive paying for stuff that loses almost all its value in 1 year. This is becoming more so in recent years. And no, weakening the environment further (aka frontier format) is not going to help, thats just kicking the can down the road and it may not even work."

I write more later if I remember.... lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia