A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: I am quitting Magic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Saturday, October 13, 2007

I am quitting Magic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might be quitting magic... seriously ;)

...


no its not because I discovered facebook...

But because all over Singapore, they are telling me I can only buy a box at 170 SGD.

Previously it was 135 - 140.

Thats 30%.

Its not that I cannot afford it.


but I am not stupid.


...


At least I hate being treated like I am.


...



Blatantly.



Anyways this was the email I wrote to WOTC, not that I expect any change.


So long Magic....




+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi,

I buy Magic the gathering product extensively. Specifically, I buy about 2 case for the bigger blocks and about 10 boxes for the smaller blocks.

Recently however, with Lorwyn, the price has increased.

The following retailers:

comicsmart
Asia card shop
World of JJ
Funzcentre

Have indicated that Wizards has increased the price of the product and is selling it to them at 140 SGD, hence they can only retail at 170 SGD. I used to be able to buy in bulk from them for 140 SGD per box.

I typically buy 1 FAT pack, and singles and about one booster a day, in addition to the said amount.

I do not need to buy magic. I hardly have time to play (though I have been trying hard to, hence I still "upkeep" myself). This is miscellaneous spending. What I do not like is being "taken for a ride". A 30% increment is sizable. And for my case it gives me very bad vibes about everything magic. I feel betrayed.

I am writing this letter of course in hope that the increase in price could be waived if it was from WOTC, or if this is indeed an act of "price fixing", for WOTC to do something about it.

My description of my spending habits is just feedback to you about the possible loss in exchange for the price increase. I am not the only person.

I have little hope that the price will be reversed, as i believe if this is from WOTC, then you must have done your calculations. But before i quit I would like to leave my feedback. I will quit magic for now, should the price drop and if the game is still alive and well I might join in again. But I will definitely rue missing Lorwyn and the subsequent blocks. And this damage is permanent.


Thank you for reading this far. I really hope that everything I am hearing from the retailers is wrong and there will somehow be a change to status quo, but I have little hope of that.

Best Wishes WOTC, it was fun while it lasted.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia