A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: Birds of Paradise is BACK!!! in 10th!!

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Birds of Paradise is BACK!!! in 10th!!

Wow.. I've always thought that Bops would be back, in fact I specifically bought more rav Bops as they are black bordered.

Now 10th will have black bordered Bops. So I guess the rav Bops won't be worth a whole lot more for being BB, but still, I am past that already. At the very least the Bops should hold value =)

For the rest of the list produced by inquest.

Well some notable changes:


Stone Rain is out.

This one is a bit of a shocker as stone rain has been in every core set. Still it is not over powered in fact a little under powered.

At first it puzzled me. Lorwyn was marking a move towards mono chrome. And stone rain is good for knocking out your secondary colours (e.g. stone rain your plains so you cannot cast helix, assuming you have a mountain in play). That it became clearer. Precisely because it would have close to no effect, that probably validated it removal. Note that 10th is a larger set than normal, so for them to take out a core staple, it must have been to make space for something better/relevant me thinks.

Condemn being in, solidifies its title as heir to STP for the 1cc removal slot.

Wrath of GOd is in... and for some reason I suspect Armageddon may come back =) The fact that they printed boom/bust and the fact that they considered Armageddon for the white pact (that would have been very solid!!!)


Incinerate is back!

And so are the painlands =)

I think this marks the fact that duals will always be a part of the coreset. I think it was always meant to be this way right from Alpha. It is most cool that the painlands will be BB. And I do like the new art, so I am happy with that development as well.

Hopefulle more good news will come =)

On my wish list: Grim Tutor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia