A Magical Huffalump Resides Here: Enter the Gaunlet....

A Magical Huffalump Resides Here

My name is Ed, I am a programmer. Just another dude with another blog. I like MTG, Open Source (more towards FREE software). I like sports, and eventually I hope to do business and do good for the world in general. This blog is gonna be about Magic The Gathering. Decklists and snippets will be posted here. It may lead somewhere or nowhere, as with all things arcane, that was bloody obvious =)

Monday, November 21, 2011

Enter the Gaunlet....

Okay I have actually entered the Gauntlet a long time ago.


I am entering it again!


(Actually I have been inside for about 2 weeks collecting T2 potions hmmm)


Stay tuned for updates on catch rates etc.

For reference:


The last time I was in the Gauntlet, i only made it to T4, I believe I was mostly into gathering T4 potions


At that time SNOB was the supposed best and even now it seems the data supports that SNOB is at 12 plus %

Thing is at that time I had a potion drop rate of 13 (close to 14)% with this setup:

HVMT/MSB/T3


For T1:

I used

Monstro/Cheesecake/Brie

but mostly

SNOB/CheeseCake/Brie/LGS/ i varied the charm alot


Stats will be calculated later (I have the logs)


For T2 (which I am embarking as of now with 1776 T2 cheese):


for now at least the choice of setup is -

SNOB/Cheesecake/T2/LGS/Super Power Charm




This will likely be my main setup, unless I start to FTC alot (i.e. my power needs some work) as this setup maximises attraction with an acceptable power.


For T3:




I will likely use a high power seup. Before I ran away from the Gauntlet *the Shame!!!* I used HVMT/MSB/T3 I am not sure if there were charms at that time... I suspect not. But i do vaguely remember that I use Snob before T3 and that Snob was pretty bad at T3 for me.


My theory is that power matters in the Gauntlet (at least to get T4 potions). The main thing I want to establish is whether high power yields better T4 potion drop. That means I will not be using the Snob but something like HVMT but better. The previous best candidate (which was also a long time ago) when I itched to reenter the Gauntlet was Zugzwang's First Move. ..... but EVEN BETTER traps have since come and gone. So it will likely be Wrath. but I'll need to double check on that.

Remember that at that time (at least the time that I speak of), the BEST TACTICAL in terms of power was the HVMT.

Stay Tune!!!!!


Note: This post will be constantly updated from below in chronological order i.e., you will see the below "[last edited YYYYMMDD HH:MM]"

[last edited 20111121 18:08]

This is the current state, went through about 200 T2 cheese



The pots seem to come in waves, and seem to discourage active hunting. I seem to do better if I only occasionally check in =P

of course it might simply be due to the network lag that is causing the results =P


======
and ooh yeah those are super power charms you see. i am burning through them (I can afford it at the moment so whatever). It would at least provide data about the effect of more power.

And yes EACs would be an even better charm to use to test if power is a significant factor, but its too costly for me. 7000g versus 900g ? At the moment I can only stomach the SPC =P
======



[last edited 20111124 23:36]




I guess now is a good time to update this post =)




And this is my current cheese state







yup 2K T3!! =D tho I have seen numbers much larger =)

My experience so far. This set up seems to be the best so far. I have tried Snob\MSB\Super Power charm but altho when it hits the right spot it is extremely good, but it goes totally flat at times =/

Any ways the winter hunt is almost here! So I guess my gauntlet run will pause for a bit =)

[last edited 20111207 23:44]



Tourneys are taking me away from the gauntlet for a while, but I suspect with the coming mid year lull, I will be back =P


Still some good advice in this thread. Just be aware that most if not all of it is opinion =P (even the one about luck not affecting loot and is supposedly "proven" - the actually conclusion was it was not significant - which then calls into question the amount of data, which is probably not enough, and seriously that is still different from saying "no effect" =P so that argument was always going to lose)

[last edited 20120225 10:32]

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

HTML Hit Counter
HTML Hit Counter

Click Here to Advertise on my site
Firefox 2
//online countries Page Rank Tool
Support Wikipedia